A pragmatic and forward thinking approach in the non-contentious construction and development field.
Jamie offers non-contentious construction and engineering advice to a wide range of clients including developers, funds and other institutional investors, occupiers and high net worth individuals. Jamie’s experience also extends to acting for contractors and consultants.
Jamie provides pragmatic and straight forward advice on procurement strategies and handles the negotiation of the documentation required for construction projects from start to completion. This includes drafting and negotiating legal packs for tenders with contractors at inception and during the design and/or build phase.
Jamie’s experience also includes the investigation and audit of construction documentation and due diligence on the construction issues concerning agreements for lease, development agreements, funding agreements, sale and leaseback transactions, property purchases and forward funding transactions.
Jamie joined Clarke Willmott in 2022 as a senior associate in the non-contentious construction team based in our London office. Jamie was previously a senior associate at Browne Jacobson LLP, Forsters LLP and an associate at leading international law firm Addleshaw Goddard, where she gained extensive experience working for developers, investors, funders, contractors and consultants both nationally and internationally.
Jamie has a strong presence in the London commercial property and construction network and has hosted and led events and seminars in the City. Her article “Brexit-Proofed? A practical guide to safeguarding construction contracts after Brexit” was published in the Property Law Journal in 2017. Further articles include “Recent changes to the law of penalties – and their impact on Liquidated and Ascertained Damages” and “Dealing with discrepancies in JCT building contracts”.
Jamie is the Founder of “Barkney Wick” the UK’s first human and hound community centre and the dog cocktail bar, “After Bark”, situated in East London.
- Advising on and procuring the construction documentation for a private student accommodation development in Exeter, a complex project involving a Council Agreement, Development Funding Agreement and retail agreements for lease as part of the same site.
- Procurement of construction documentation (JCT Design and Build) for a large residential development in Nottingham in favour of the employer, a JV between a developer and fund.
- Preparing and negotiating construction contracts for various renovation projects for a well-known luxury retail client for commercial and office space in central London.
- Advising on and procuring construction contracts and professional team appointments for a high value development in South East London on behalf of an international developer, including liaising with and agreeing agreements with public bodies, National Rail and TfL.
- Acting for a specialist contractor negotiating the contract documentation for the construction of a baseball pitch for the Major League Baseball event held at Queen Elizabeth Stadium in the Olympic Park, London.