Kayleigh assists commercial clients in recovering unpaid debts through pre-legal and legal collection methods.
Kayleigh is a Senior Associate and supervisor of the team looking after debt recovery for a range of commercial clients. She is skilled in all aspects of litigation, enforcement, and insolvency and works with a wide range of commercial clients. She has extensive expertise in insolvency litigation, recovery of employee over-payments, and technically challenging cases involving charges for telecommunications services.
Kayleigh also has extensive experience in dealing with disputes around the recovery of Liability Orders obtained for Council Tax and Business Rates.
Kayleigh was ‘highly commended’ in the Rising Star category of both the Chartered Institute of Credit Management Awards 2019 and the Devon & Somerset Law Society Awards 2019.
How Kayleigh can help you
- Acts for commercial businesses on all aspects of debt recovery including insolvency, complex charging orders and orders for sale.
- Works with local authorities to recover of unpaid council tax and business rate arrears.
Acts on complex recovery cases requiring a detailed understanding of the intricacies of client’s contractual terms and working practices.
- Works with clients to review their debt portfolios and recommend changes to processes, procedures and documentation to reduce bad debt levels and improve recovery rates
- Managing and resolving disputes with debtors and, where appropriate, using mediation to reach settlement.
- Acts for one of the largest recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies in the UK to recover commercial waste management debts.
- Longstanding relationship with a large commercial gas and electricity supplier to recover debts relating to supply to both commercial and residential premises throughout the UK.
- Worked with several different clients to recover salary and other over-payments made to both current and ex-employees.
- Acts for a training course provider to recover both regulated debts under the Consumer Credit Act and non-regulated agreements.
Kayleigh Linford is a delight to work with. She is always happy to hear from us, no matter how close to Court deadlines we get, and always displays a calm and unflappable attitude. She provides clear and concise advise and shows a good understanding of how our business works.
Kayleigh Cullis has outstanding skills and knowledge. She has helped me understand all legal technicalities, processes and advised on our best course of action. She has spent the time and effort with our team.
The Legal 500 2023