Private wealth services
Specialist private wealth solicitors with international reach
Our team of private client solicitors is one of the most extensive and experienced in the UK. Made up of specialists in all areas of private wealth law including estate and succession planning, Court of Protection, family law, residential property and dispute resolution, we can provide truly integrated legal advice to our clients.
We have built a strong reputation for assisting and advising wealthy individuals and families, including landowners, family business owners and entrepreneurs, working with them to manage, grow and safeguard their family and business wealth. Our clients include individuals who are based in the UK and have international interests, and those who live overseas with interests in the UK. Together our team can provide a comprehensive service tailored to your unique needs and tax status.
How our private wealth solicitors can help
Whether you are a private individual, professional, entrepreneur or investor we can help you with:
Purchasing property in the UK
We advise both domestic and international clients on buying and selling residential real estate in the UK. Our specialist residential property and conveyancing solicitors provide a bespoke service for high value property transactions. We can also involve our experts in areas such as residential landlord and tenant matters; financing and refinancing; and transfers of equity when needed.
Our specialist lawyers can guide you through all aspects of succession planning and tax-efficient ways to protect your assets, including:
- In-depth expertise in managing income tax, inheritance tax and capital gains tax
- Protecting and passing on your wealth to your loved ones, including inheritance tax planning and gifting
- Structuring international interests
- Pre-empting and mitigating family disputes
Wills, trusts and probate
We can help you with every element of estate planning, from tax planning to the use of Wills and trusts, ensuring each is carefully structured and integrated into a well-rounded solution, including cross-border considerations and international assets.
We also advise trustees, advisers and beneficiaries on all aspects of trusts, including their creation, use and variation in many international jurisdictions and have extensive experience in resolving Will, probate and trust disputes, including foreign interests.
Managing and protecting international affairs
International mobility and multi-jurisdictional interests are realities of modern life for many of our clients. We have a strong international legal capability, assisting UK residents and non-residents, non-domiciled individuals, international families, investors, trustees and their advisers in numerous countries across the globe. We also have a comprehensive knowledge of, and wide experience in, international family law.
Protecting an elderly or incapacitated person
Our specialists can advise and assist you in all areas involving the Court of Protection. From mental capacity, welfare and elderly care issues to deputyship on international Court of Protection matters where there are assets abroad.
Relationships and family matters
We have helped many people with considerable wealth, manage relationship breakdowns including divorce, the dissolution of civil partnerships and disputes between unmarried couples. Our parenting law specialists are also at the forefront of navigating the legal complexities of surrogacy, alternative family structures, and parenting agreements.
We can advise you on any aspect of international family law, including finding favourable jurisdictions in divorce proceedings, international marital contracts and cross-border disputes involving children.
Clarke Willmott’s Private Client solicitors – your legal partner for life
- We offer unrivalled expertise in all legal matters affecting you, your family and your assets.
- You can call on our nationwide network of over 120 private client solicitors, with the breadth of knowledge to advise you on the most complex matters and multi-jurisdictional issues.
- We control costs tightly and allocate the exact level of resource for the task in hand – so you get the strength of a City law firm at a sensible price.
- Our partners are actively involved, focused on where their experience will have most impact.
- We believe in being open, honest and caring: working closely with you as a trusted adviser, listening to what you need from us and involving you as much or as little as you want.
- Don’t just take our word for it, if you would like to speak to one of our clients to hear their experience directly, please contact Anthony Fairweather.