Legal services for healthcare businesses
Many healthcare providers in England and Wales are privately owned and managed with a corporate business structure. Often, they provide a service to NHS and local authorities as well as private individuals. Whoever their clients are, due to the nature and responsibilities associated with their services, they must comply with sometimes complicated regulations.
These regulations add complexity to transactions involving healthcare practices. Specialist legal advice from solicitors who understand the intricacies of the requirements is necessary for any corporate, property or financial transaction. Clarke Willmott can provide the full range of legal services that your business needs.
Why use Clarke Willmott’s specialist commercial healthcare solicitors?
- Our detailed understanding ensures that nothing is missed during the due diligence process. You can be confident risk is minimised and opportunity is maximised.
- Timing is crucial in healthcare transactions. Ensuring that everything is in place with the relevant regulatory bodies can take time. Specialist legal advice ensures business continuity on completion.
- Knowledge of the relevant regulations and common standard form contracts means that your solicitors can plan for every eventuality and safeguard against unexpected interruptions. This means that your transaction will complete as smoothly as possible.
Our healthcare specialists
Our solicitors have experience of working with an extensive range of clients within the healthcare sector, including owner operators, lenders and investors. We have the expertise to help you navigate the regulations and manage the requirements of your governing body or local authority contracts in the most efficient way possible.
Examples of the areas we advise on include:
- Buying or selling a healthcare business, including international transactions
- Company formations and partnership incorporations
- Reorganisations and changes in partnerships
- Private equity investments
- Banking and finance advice for borrowers and lenders
- Bank finance for acquisitions, developments, refinancing and equity releases
- Compliance with regulations and dealing with breaches
- Commercial property, including transferring a commercial or NHS lease
- Contract procurement
- Employment law, including transfers under TUPE and defending claims for unfair dismissal
- Data protection, including GDPR
- Litigation and civil dispute resolution
Who we act for
- Owners and operators of businesses
- Banks and other lenders
- Healthcare groups in the UK and overseas
- Private equity investors
- Individual practitioners who are buying into a healthcare business
- Individual practitioners who are selling a healthcare business