Kirill heads up the corporate team in Taunton, being the firm’s second biggest office. The team has grown in the last 18 months and has been involved in some of the firm’s largest transactions. Kirill grew up in Exeter and maintains strong links across the South West. He acts for clients throughout the UK and overseas.
Kirill advises on all stages of the business cycle, with extensive experience in dealing with business disposals and acquisitions (by way of shares or assets). His scope of expertise also includes advising on incorporations, re-structures, investment, MBO’s and shareholders agreements. He is praised by his clients for his “experience and unfazed dedication” and “enlightened guidance during challenging processes”. He is also described as having “exceptional attention to detail and professionalism” and is someone who would be “definitely recommended”.
Kirill read Law at Warwick University and completed his LPC at Bristol Institute of Legal Practice. He joined Clarke Willmott LLP in January 2016 and became partner in November 2016.
- Lead advisor to numerous operators in the care, hotel, veterinary, hospitality and manufacturing sectors on numerous business acquisitions and disposals, including involving corporate acquirers, offshore entities, cross border transactions and Plc’s
- Lead advisor to Santander Bank Plc in relation to a re-financing
- Lead advisor for the vendor in an MBO of Intras Limited
- Lead advisor to HSBC Bank plc in respect of financing the management buy-out of Pathfinder Park Homes Limited
- Lead advisor to one of the firm’s biggest clients on acquisitions and disposals of portfolio businesses
- Acting for the management team on the £17 million management buy-out of nationwide, Northampton-headquartered, Panther Logistics
- Acting for the sellers of Creasefield Limited to Solid State Plc
- Acting on a complex group re-structure, including share-for-share exchanges and buy-outs.
- Acting for the supplier in relation to a multi-million pound supply contract with a global hotel chain.
- “I just wish to thank you and the team for helping me through the transaction. It was a brilliant and professional team and you have my undying friendship and gratitude.” Mr Bol, July 2019
- “We can’t thank Kirill Bingham at Clarke Willmott enough for the time and effort he put in. No stone was left unturned and everything was carried out to the highest standard. We would have no hesitation in recommending Clarke Willmott.” Mrs W, Mr B and Mr H, May 2019
- “I would like to thank Kirill and his team who were friendly, extremely knowledgeable and professional and it was a pleasure to work with them. In particular, Kirill’s tenacity, pragmatism and humour made the process a lot easier to navigate than I expected. I always felt that the team was working to get the best terms for me and I have no hesitation in recommending Kirill and his team to others who want to sell their business – thanks everyone!” Mrs Metcalfe, May 2019
- “The patience perseverance and prudence of Kirill together with his good humour were a huge input to me and to the whole process of the sale of my care home. I cannot recommend Clarke Willmott highly enough.” Mrs Appleyard, May 2019
- “We have been represented by Kirill and his team for the acquisition of a business and have received an exemplary service. From initial discussions through to completion, Kirill has been on-hand to answer our many queries and has dealt with a complex situation in a professional and friendly manner. Each stage of the process has been explained to us thoroughly and it has provided huge reassurance and peace of mind to know that we have such a knowledgeable and reliable person on our side. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Kirill and Clarke Willmott to anyone.” James and Kate O’Sullivan
- “Kirill Bingham and the team played a crucial part in an effective group effort. It was a complicated transaction involving an overseas purchaser. However my Clarke Willmott team never lost the thread and managed, with great patience, to bring all parties to a satisfactory sale conclusion. They are to be congratulated for their diligence and understanding. And for the reasonableness of their fee considering the amount of time and complexity of the work required to get this deal over the line.” Tom A, February 2019
- “We chose Clarke Willmott to handle our MBO following a recommendation. Kirill Bingham and his team have been absolutely excellent. At the beginning, they did a great deal of essential preparatory work – in a matter of days – enabling us to understand and navigate the complexities of such a unique process. Kirill clearly has enormous experience in this field, and a long track record of success. They achieved a smooth, professional and successful outcome for us in a matter of weeks. They worked extremely well with our accountants and I would definitely recommend Clarke Willmott to other business owners – we definitely chose the right team.” Caroline Sullens, July 2018
- “I would like to take the opportunity to thank the Clarke Willmott team for the help with the sale of my business. From the very first telephone conversation with Kirill Bingham, I felt that my best interests were assured. Kirill brought together a talented team to deal with all aspects of what was a relatively complex legal transaction. The level of personal service and care that I received from the team seems to be very rare these days. I really appreciated that they were always easy to contact, they were totally on top of the deal, and truly looked after my best interests.” Mr Orton, May 2018
- “When looking for a solicitor to assist with the sale of our business we had an hour long consultation with partners from 4 different practices in Taunton and Exeter. We were looking for a person who not only thoroughly understood the business sales process from both sides of the fence but would really stand up for our interests. After our meeting with Kirill we both knew that he was the right person for the job. As a small company being bought by a multinational it turned out that we really did need someone to fight our corner and prevent us from being steam-rollered into doing things the way that they “always did it”. Kirill was tenacious throughout the process, only conceding a point when it was tactically prudent to do so. We felt that our sale was in good hands though out and would like to thank Kirill and his team for a successful conclusion.” Bernard and Sarah, February 2018