Commercial debt recovery solicitors
Cost effective debt recovery and legal advice for your business
Our industry-leading team of debt recovery lawyers has been operating for more than 25 years and combines the abilities of a debt collection agency with the expertise of a top law firm. We work hard to recover outstanding debts fast and cost-effectively, usually settling cases without the need for formal legal action. Over the last ten years we’ve achieved outstanding results, recovering nearly £250 million for our clients.
In the South West, Clarke Willmott has Tier 1 status in The Legal 500 2022, which describes our Debt Recovery team as ’very personable, yet still professional and puts things in layman’s terms and praises the team for its exceptional ‘speed and efficiency’.
Who we work with
We work with clients of all sizes, including large organisations that need support recovering debts on a regular basis such as government departments, local authorities, utility companies, insurance companies, commercial businesses and FCA regulated companies.
Our clients include SSE/OVO Group, Hyde Housing Group, Waters and Gate; Ministry of Defence, TT2 Limited, London Borough of Enfield, Corona Energy, Wembley National Stadium, Thames Water, Fresh Property Management, Workman LLP, Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency and Viridor Waste Management.
How our debt recovery solicitors can help you
Our Debt Recovery team regularly advises on:
- Pre-legal collection including lettering, telephone debt collection, and trace and collect
- Legal collection, including county court proceedings, mediation services, defended legal actions, enforcement, negotiation and advocacy
- Payment agreements, including instalment monitoring, chasing defaults and regular instalment assessments
- Insolvency action, including bankruptcy, winding up, advice on debtor’s petitions, Individual Voluntary Agreements (IVAs), Company Voluntary Agreements (CVAs) and post insolvency trustee liaison
- General debt recovery advice, including Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims compliance, process review, credit control and credit management advice
Why choose Clarke Willmott for commercial debt recovery?
- We will work closely with you to achieve the highest recovery rates and best possible outcomes.
- We settle many cases quickly and without the need for formal legal action. Where this isn’t possible, we’ll issue court proceedings and advise you on the most appropriate action. The success of our approach is shown by the number and value of debts we have recovered.
- We build long standing partnerships with clients, becoming a vital part of their team
- Our online case management system lets you send us new instructions and view real-time case updates 24/7.
What our clients say about us
“Clarke Willmott’s recovery team is the best in the business. I get high quality legal advice from any team member and their online system makes my input simple and easy. Their attention is always directed to my satisfaction rather than trying to mould me into a fixed system. Their online debt management system is sophisticated, effective and, quite simply, the best I have ever used.”
“I cannot commend the technical expertise of the legal team highly enough. I continue to be pleased with the knowledge, commitment, professionalism and initiative displayed in addition to an impressive recovery rate.”
“The debt recovery service that we receive from Clarke Willmott is always of the highest standard. The team understand our business, which enables them to provide us with excellent legal advice, delivered in a professional manner. This coupled with a team who are extremely personable and friendly means that we get first-rate results.”
Contact a debt recovery lawyer
To learn more about how our specialists can help your business to recover unpaid debts, please contact a member of our below directly or send us an email.
Clarke Willmott has offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton and Taunton. We are members of the Civil Court Users Association (CCUA) and provide commercial debt recovery advice to organisations across the UK.