Employment law & HR consultancy services
Our employment solicitors and HR consultants provide employers with practical, commercial and cost-effective advice. We are an adaptable, solutions-focused team with a proven track record in delivering flexible and innovative solutions. Our specialists can help you with all employment and HR issues, from providing guidance on day-to-day workforce queries, to advising on restructuring and outsourcing projects and employment tribunal claims.
We go beyond reactive employment law. We recognise that your people are a key asset and will help you achieve your workforce aspirations, whilst ensuring you comply with your employment law obligations. We will provide the right legal advice to help you best protect your business.
Our employment law clients
We work with owner-managed businesses, SMEs, charities, large listed companies and other organisations across a wide range of sectors, including international businesses with employees in the UK. We have particular sector expertise in agriculture, education, social housing, renewable energy, retail and manufacturing, professional sport and healthcare.
How our employment law solicitors can support you:
- Restructuring and reorganisation projects, including TUPE compliance, collective consultation obligations and advice on outsourcing / insourcing arrangements
- Business immigration
- Advice on pensions law
- Employment contracts and service agreements
- Employment dispute resolution, including employment tribunals and injunctions
- Redundancy, including both individual and collective redundancies
- Settlement agreements
- HR consultancy and support, including on-site support with disciplinary and grievance investigations, attendance at redundancy consultation meetings, and policy drafting and reviews
What our clients say about us
- “Collaboration and understanding of our business needs is excellent.” The Legal 500 2022
- “They are extremely responsive to our needs as a client; we can rely upon their advice and they are very helpful.” Chambers UK 2022
- “They respond in a timely manner and always in a language that is easily understandable.” Chambers UK 2022
- “The team at Clarke Willmott are adaptable, the availability of partners is superb and they are very good at bringing in expertise from across the firm.” The Legal 500 2022
- “They are excellent: professional and reliable, and their customer service is outstanding.” Chambers UK 2022
- “The employment team are outstanding in not only their technical abilities but also their professionalism. Their advice is concise, easy to follow and consistently suited to the commercial decision as well as the technical legal point.” The Legal 500 2022
- “Solutions-driven.” Chambers UK 2022
- “Attention to detail, ability to think proactively, they make sound decisions and offer good advice. Their understanding of risk is always helpful.” The Legal 500 2022
Why choose Clarke Willmott for employment law and HR advice?
- Results-focused solutions: we’ll get to know your business so we can provide you with a bespoke, effective service to support you in achieving your objectives.
- Down-to-earth advice in plain English: we’ll explain clearly what you need to do, and tell you the best, most commercial way to do it.
- Tailored advice to help you achieve your staff related goals and objectives.
- Specialist knowledge and understanding across a broad range of industry sectors.
- Strong technical expertise combined with commercial acumen.
- Our approach is and has always been partner-led. We believe in the value and expertise senior individuals can bring to our clients’ needs. Your work will be overseen at all stages by one of our partners working closely with a wider team of solicitors and HR consultants.
- Cost effective advice: we have a large team and will allocate work to the right level of qualified advisor for each matter, ensuring your projects are serviced in the most cost-effective way.
Contact our employment solicitors
If you would like to learn more about how we can support your business, please contact a member of our Employment & HR team below or call 0800 652 8025.
Clarke Willmott has offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton and Taunton. We provide employment law and HR advice to businesses in the UK and internationally.