Court of Protection solicitors
Expert support for anyone making important financial decisions for a vulnerable person
Our expert Court of Protection team has established an exceptional reputation based on our expertise, sensitive approach and outstanding service. Whether you have a disabled child or are caring for a vulnerable adult or elderly relative, we can help you make the right decisions to safeguard and protect their financial interests. Read what our clients say about us.
What is the Court of Protection?
The Court of Protection makes decisions for people who lack the mental capacity to manage their own affairs because of an injury, dementia, a disability or learning difficulty. The decisions the Court of Protection can make include who should manage the person’s finances.
Providing vital support for Deputies
A Court of Protection Deputy is a person authorised by the Court to act on behalf of someone who doesn’t have the mental capacity to make important decisions for themselves. This can be an onerous and time-consuming role.
Our experienced solicitors can support Deputies to manage their legal, administrative and financial duties. Or if there is no-one willing or able to act as the Deputy, we can act as a professional Deputy instead. Learn more about acting as Court of Protection Deputy.
Why choose our Court of Protection team?
- We are specialists in the Court of Protection – our senior partners Anthony Fairweather and Anne Minihane are two of only 75 Court of Protection panel Deputies in the country. Panel deputies are appointed by the Court to manage the financial and property affairs on behalf of a vulnerable person when there is no one else suitable to do so.
- Your dedicated point of contact will get to know you and your family – we understand that you may still want to play an active role in the vulnerable person’s life, so we’ll work closely with you and will always listen to your views.
- We act fast – when you get in touch, we’ll get back to you promptly and we’ll make most payments within 24 hours.
- We always keep you in the loop – we will always keep you informed and up to date as long as it’s in the best interests of the person we are appointed for. We will agree how much you want to be involved in decisions.
- We keep costs down for you – we take pride in working fast and effectively and finding ways to keep costs and fees to a minimum without compromising our service and our care of the person we are acting for.
- We are experienced – we have many years of experience acting as professional and panel deputies and have met most situations before and resolved them successfully.
- We go further – our Court of Protection team has international experience helping clients around the world including in New Zealand, the USA, France, Eire, India and Spain.