Wills & probate solicitors
Expert advice on Wills, trusts, probate and estate administration
For over 100 years our Wills and Probate solicitors have been helping people manage their affairs and loved ones’ estates, to give them financial security and enhanced quality of life in the present and for the future.
Our specialist Wills solicitors include chartered tax advisers and qualified financial planners experienced in managing our clients’ interests at home and overseas. So our team has all the expertise needed to structure your personal and business assets effectively and ensure your wealth is protected.
How our Wills and probate solicitors can help you
Your solicitor will take the time to understand your situation, what matters to you and any potential challenges, working closely with you and your own professional advisers to achieve the best outcome.
Here are some of the many ways our specialist solicitors can help:
- Advising you on the Will that will best fit your needs and address your concerns. Our Which Will? questionnaire can help you decide what is most important to you.
- Drafting your Will and associated documents – We will also hold your Will at no cost to you and you can request your Will, or a loved one’s we are holding, at any time.
- Contesting or defending a Will
- Setting up a lasting power of attorney
- Making advance decisions and ‘Living Wills’
- Creating or administering a trust
- Business succession planning
- Probate and estate administration
- Tax and estate planning
Business succession planning
We regularly advise the owners of family businesses, including those with interests overseas. To ensure your business is handed over smoothly to the next generation or wound down in a way that provides the greatest benefit and least trauma to your families and employees, our commercially astute team can help.
Our specialist inheritance tax solicitors can advise you on the reliefs from inheritance tax available for businesses and business assets.
We can also help you to formulate a framework for how your family business will be run and how issues such as death, divorce and incapacity will be handled in the context of your business in the UK and across borders.
The breadth of services we provide means we can also advise you on associated issues such as the creation of a trust or the sale of a family business.