Phil is a Chartered Legal Executive and Partner with the firm specialising in defended, high profile and complex debt recovery litigation and insolvency actions for both individuals and commercial entities. Phil is the national head of our debt recovery team.
His sector expertise includes working with managing agents, utility companies, commercial businesses, insurance companies, government bodies, local authorities and independent schools.
Phil joined Clarke Willmott in 2004 after working at Torbay Council in its debt recovery department.
- Works with Managing Agents on defended claims for service charges arrears including the recovery of contractual costs.
- Works with Local Authorities in Judicial Review proceedings for recovery of defended Council Tax liability orders.
- Is regularly instructed on behalf of commercial and individual clients in defended debt recovery claims in Small Claim, Fast Track and Multi Track cases.
- Undertakes advocacy for clients in small claims and possession proceedings, applications and directions hearings.
- Deals with complex charging orders and orders for sale.