Stuart specialises in complex actions on both an individual and volume basis including taking insolvency action against individuals, partnerships and corporate entities.
Stuart is a Senior Associate and Technical Director within the Debt Recovery team. He is expert in all aspects of County Court and Insolvency litigation, together with the effective use of enforcement action.
His sector experience includes working with insurance companies, government bodies, local authorities, utility companies and commercial businesses.
His in-depth knowledge and years of experience in dealing with complex instructions means that Stuart is the debt recovery team’s in-house expert on insolvency and complex cases.
In his role as Technical Director he provides the team and clients with regular training and updates on current legal practice and forthcoming changes to the Civil Procedure Rules or other relevant legislation, which affects the firm’s debt recovery practice. He also reviews legislative developments which may impact our clients’ specific areas of business.
Stuart has been appointed as the CILEx Specialist Reference Group Advisor on Money Claims and Debt Recovery, providing advice, guidance and views to help inform CILEx’s wider policy work and practice advice.
Stuart joined Clarke Willmott LLP in 1999. He presented MBL webinar on ‘Debt Recovery & Enforcement – Autumn Update’, provides training to all new starters in the debt recovery team, provided in house enforcement training to all CW offices, and is part of the COVID-19 Civil and Tribunal Practitioners Working Group
How Stuart can help you
- Pre-action disputes and bespoke case progression
- Recovery of Director’s loans, transactions at undervalue, preferences and unlawful dividends
- Defended litigation and guidance to clients on complex, non-standard insurance claims
- Defending litigation and guidance to clients on efficient resolution
- Complex charging orders
- Post judgment enforcement
- Acts for a major insurer in the recovery of outlay and uninsured losses following road traffic incidents under the Road Traffic Act 1988. The work varies from processing standard claims, to claims involving criminal damage, contractual breaches by policyholders, and claims involving minors or animals.
- Experience in dealing with defended actions for all of the debt recovery team’s clients.
- Evaluating and utilising most effective post judgment enforcement methods.
- High value and complex insolvency actions for clients in all sectors.
We have worked with Stuart for several years and have always been impressed with the thoroughness and quality of the advice that he has provided. Stuart goes the extra mile to ensure that we have all relevant information and guidance before we can make a considered and informed decision. We always know that we can trust Stuart to provide us with high quality advice.
Clare O’Reilly, Viridor Waste Management, July 2020