Anna oversees the set up and workflow for the team’s high-volume contracts and also specialises in the recovery of service charge arrears and ground rent for residential managing agents.
Anna is the Team Manager of the Debt Recovery team and oversees the general day to day running of the team including staffing, contract management, client care and staff welfare.
Anna has particular experience in dealing with the set up and workflow for the team’s high-volume contracts including a large government contract, a contract with a large insurer as well as a bespoke enforcement contract for a large utility supplier.
She also manages a specialist team dealing with the recovery of service charge arrears for residential managing agents. She is expert in leasehold and freehold matters and the recovery of service charges, ground rents and interest. She is highly experienced in resolving lengthy disputes and defended matters.
Anna has spent time ‘in the field’ with a High Court Enforcement Officer and has direct experience of the realities of face-to-face contact with defendants. She is the team expert in using Writs of Control to enforce judgments.
Anna is a fully accredited Mental Health First Aider (MHFA) and is one of the firm’s Health Champions. She is part of the firm’s wider strategic approach to supporting employee well-being and creating a positive working environment and culture.
Anna joined Clarke Willmott in 2010, is a Member of the Taunton office Charity Committee, a Partner of Association of Residential Managing Agents, and us part of the ARMA free legal helpline.
How Anna can help you
Anna advises clients on:
- Pre-legal collection including lettering, telephone debt collection, and trace and collect
- Legal collection including County Court proceedings, mediation services, defended legal actions, enforcement, negotiation and advocacy
- Payment agreements including installment monitoring, chasing defaults and regular installment assessments
- Insolvency action including bankruptcy, winding up, advice on debtor’s petitions, Individual Voluntary Agreements (IVAs), Company Voluntary Agreements (CVAs) and post insolvency trustee liaison
- Recovery of service charge and ground rent arrears for managing agents, management companies and landlords
- Recovery of customer and business debts for utility companies
- Managing the set up, workflow progression and reporting requirements for a large insurer client.
- The implementation of a high volume enforcement instruction for a utility supplier.
- Acting for Hyde Housing Association for the recovery of service charge arrears.
- Acting for Fresh Property Management (a residential property management company based in London) to recover service charge arrears.
We have worked closely with Anna and the team for recovery of service charge arrears for a number of years. Anna provides regular updates on the recovery process which saves us time in having to chase her. Anna is proactive and is so easy to work with and I highly recommend appointing her, you won’t be disappointed.
Jacqui Katz, Fresh Property Mangement Ltd, July 2020