Matthew is a Senior Associate in the Corporate and Commercial team in Manchester.
Matthew’s specialisms include multi-site partnership structures within the healthcare sector, mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring, joint ventures, corporate finance, commercial contracts and data governance.
Prior to joining Clarke Willmott in 2019, Matthew spent two years leading the legal function of a national healthcare provider and consolidator from their Manchester office. Matthew sits as a committee member of pro-Manchester’s healthcare sector group.
- Advising on the implementation of a large-scale multi-tier GP partnership and multi-practice organisation models in the primary care sector.
- Acting for a prominent property development and rental business in their acquisition of 50% of the issued share capital of two construction management and fit-out specialists.
- Acting for the vendors in the sale of a group of companies operating a number recycling and hazard waste management sites.
- Advising on a joint venture between a clinicians’ corporate vehicle and a commercial healthcare provider to the NHS.
- Acting for an international lender in relation to their provision of funding to facilitate acquisitions of manufacturing and technology companies.
- Acting on the acquisitions, disposals and mergers of various UK-based GP surgeries, dental practices and day nurseries, including the associated regulatory aspects of those transactions.
- Acting for both healthcare and commercial providers in advising on and negotiating the terms of agreements with NHS commissioners, including but not limited to general medical service contracts, personal medical service contracts, alternative provider medical service contracts, general dental service contracts and NHS terms and conditions for the supply of goods or services.
Matthew Dootson went the extra mile to get this over the line, working through the night on numerous occasions. He explained issues clearly and in a way I could understand.
James Rust, CPS Building services ltd