Emily advises social landlord clients on all areas of housing management.
Emily is a Solicitor in Clarke Willmott’s Housing Management Team in London. She qualified as a Solicitor in 2019, following several years of legal work experience and study.
Emily joined Clarke Willmott in April 2021 having previously acted exclusively for social landlord clients advising on all areas of housing management.
Emily has experience in all areas of housing management. She has acted for a range of regional, national and specialist Housing Providers, as well as Local Authorities, in actions including: possession, injunctions, disrepair, succession, tenancy fraud and advising on policy and procedure.
Emily has also provided legal surgeries and training – both in person and remotely – to clients on all areas of housing management. She regularly prepares legal bulletins to provide practical updates using non-legal terminology and frequently represents clients at court.
Emily is an active member of Social Housing Law Association (‘’SHLA’’) and a dedicated committee member of her local law society, currently serving as President.
Emily’s other qualifications include:
- City University of London; LLM Legal Practice (Dissertation title: Is it time to tighten the reins on the Equality Act as a defence to possession claims by social landlords’
- BPP Law School; Higher Rights of Advocacy (civil)
- City University of London; Legal Practice Course
- University of Kent; Bachelor’s degree law LLB with honours
How Emily can help you
Emily regularly advises on:
- Anti-social behaviour injunctions
- Possession claims
- Committal proceedings
- Disrepair/fitness for human habitation claims
- Tenancy fraud
Emily provides practical advice and guidance. She prides herself on being personable, professional and approachable, ensuring that advice is clear, coherent and accessible, empowering clients to achieve their aims.
- Possession claims: Emily regularly obtains possession orders for social landlord clients based on grounds of anti-social behaviour, rent, tenancy breach and tenancy fraud.
- Anti-social behaviour injunctions: Emily frequently obtains anti-social behaviour injunctions, both on and without notice, working in partnership with social landlord clients to tackle issues of anti-social behaviour.
- Disrepair: Emily frequently represents social landlord clients in successfully tackling claims both under disrepair and fitness for human habitation legislation. Emily has experience settling stand alone claims pre-issue and counterclaims raised within ongoing proceedings.
Emily Hope’s attention to detail is impressive. She is always thinking one step ahead and ensuring that cases are fully prepared for trial. She provides an excellent service for her clients. She is extremely knowledgeable in housing.
The Legal 500