Sarah is a Partner within the Commercial Property team, who advises both landlords and tenants across a range of sectors on all matters of commercial property law.
Sarah acts regularly for UK and US corporate occupiers, taking office space primarily in London, and also for tenants in the retail and hospitality sector across the UK. Sarah acts for a number of landlords (including investment funds and family offices) in relation to assets including office buildings, retail parks and student accommodation and has a wealth of experience.
Sarah trained and qualified into the Real Estate London team at Addleshaw Goddard in 2010 before moving to Lewis Silkin in Cardiff in 2014 and joining Clarke Willmott in February 2022.
How Sarah can help you
- Sale and purchase contracts.
- Core estate management documentation.
- Certificates of title.
- Serviced office agreements.
- Sarah has acted for a number of US tech companies taking prime office space in London, with rental values in excess of £2m per annum. Sarah has also drafted and negotiated overage provisions for a large retail client on the sale of its business and assets for approximately £7m, in addition to negotiating the property provisions in the business purchase agreement.
- Sarah has produced a detailed CLLS certificate of title in connection with the development of a luxury hotel in London, with a facility amount exceeding £50m, and negotiated the property provisions in both the principal facility agreement and the associated security documents.
- Acting as part of a team, Sarah acted for a joint venture (between a US investor and a UK property developer) on its acquisition and subsequent development of a strategically prime London asset. The development comprises a 500,000 sq. ft. mixed use scheme including residential, retail, commercial and cultural space.
- As part of a legal team comprising two law firms, Sarah advised a new film and TV studios operator on the development of a new production hub exceeding 1 million square feet, including a sound stage, workshops, mill space, offices and post-production facilities.
- Sarah negotiated the purchase contract and managed a large team on the purchase of a £39 million multi-let shopping centre.
- Sarah drafted and negotiated a complex agreement for works in relation to the rebuilding of a prominent residential and commercial property which burned down as part of the 2011 London riots and was reinstated pursuant to the insurance provisions in the lease.
- Sarah acted for a large property company on its purchase of vacant land from a local authority for the development of a retail park, including the drafting and negotiation of a number of pre-let retail agreements.
- Sarah drafted an overview report for a German bank, in connection with its multi-million pound loan to a company purchasing a leasehold property based on the review of a certificate of title produced by the borrower’s solicitors and consideration of the Pfandbrief requirements.
- Sarah has also written an article about Blockchain and the UK property industry
Sarah Mogford and her team are brilliant. She has a full understanding of legal and commercial risk and is able to advise succinctly and accurately. Her understanding of the law is top-notch, and her ability to distil issues down to what truly matters is extremely helpful. I would recommend her repeatedly.
The Legal 500