Chidem helps businesses and individuals document their contractual relationships with third parties, ensuring their commercial contracts are legally sound and comply with all applicable laws.
She has significant expertise in the technology sector including website design, maintenance, hosting and trading arrangements and on a variety of other IT related matters including contract work relating to IT systems acquisition and development, licensing and support and disaster recovery. Chidem also advises on GDPR/data protection issues.
Chidem is the head of our Franchise team and the designated Individual for the purposes of our affiliate membership of the British Franchise Association (BFA). She regularly advises franchisors and franchisees on setting-up / taking-on franchises, franchise agreements, manuals and other ancillary documentation.
How Chidem can help you
Chidem’s expertise includes:
- Advising on and drafting terms and conditions for both business to business and consumer contracts
- Reviewing and drafting franchise agreements for both franchisors and franchisees
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements including framework supply agreements, software licence agreements, distribution agreements, agency agreements, and collaboration agreements
- Providing advice and drafting documentation to ensure compliance with Data Protection legislation
- Advised the Good Salon Guide, an independent, nationwide scheme for assessing professional standards and services within the hairdressing and beauty industries, on the setting up of its franchise business in the UK and overseas. This included drafting the franchise agreement templates, advising on negotiations with franchisees and general advice and counsel throughout. The Good Salon Guide lists around 2,000 salons in the UK, Europe and the UAE and has become the kitemark of quality for the hairdressing industry.
- Advising household names on a wide range of IT and ecommerce matters including advising on the set-up of white label websites, the arrangements to be entered into with comparison shopping engines and assisting with retailers’ social media campaigns.
- Working with a global professional body on the renewal and variation of a long term outsourcing of certain IT functions.
- Advised a leading builder and operator of electronic marketplaces, on its appointment of a market-leading regulatory reporting technology provider, to provide access to and use of certain subscriptions and related hosting software, maintenance and other compliance services. Also advised this client on its strategic collaboration with a FinTech start-up launching an open source analytics and risk management platform for the financial services industry, in connection with a new margin optimisation functionality.
- Acted for a provider of mobile phone and tablet repair services on the drafting of its customer facing documentation, advised and negotiated on its contract for authorised repairer status with a mobile phone provider, and drafted multiple contracts with mobile phone insurance providers for the provision of the mobile repair services to policy holders.
- Acted for a waterfront regeneration and destination creation group on the long term appointment of a parking services company to manage a number of car parks in and around a South West marina. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, advised the client on the services to be provided, including managing the car parks as paid car parks for public use (ANPR controlled, where applicable), pay machine maintenance and ANPR camera maintenance and patrolling duties.
- Acted for a professional accountancy body that offers worldwide professional accountancy programmes and qualifications, on its appointment of an internet related learning and design company. Advised on the drafting of documentation, technical schedules, bespoke IPR matters and general advice and counsel throughout.
Thank you for all your hard work in delivering the contract. As always, you were highly professional, solutions focussed, level headed, responsive and an easy fit with the project team members
Senior in-house solicitor, large corporate client
I want to thank you both for your dedication, unstinting efforts and tireless commitment to [the project]. I am also very grateful for your counsel and guidance throughout the process. It has been an absolute pleasure working with you both and thanks again for all of your efforts…
Client, Global Accountancy Body