Samantha deals with residential sales and purchases, auctions, residential landlord and tenant matters, re-mortgages, charges and transfers of equity.
Samantha trained at Berry & Lamberts in Kent and qualified as a Solicitor in 2006. Having successfully formed and managed residential property teams, Samantha joined Clarke Willmott in 2018. Her practice includes residential sales and purchases, auctions, residential landlord and tenant matters, re-mortgages, charges and transfers of equity. She acts for individuals, partnerships, trusts, companies, overseas investors and financial institutions.
Unlike other residential property lawyers, Samantha does not operate a high volume caseload system, which means that she can really focus on the individual needs of each of her clients. She provides a bespoke and flexible service to ensure that any transaction is completed thoroughly and as smoothly as possible and excels in building a rapport with all the other parties involved in a transaction such as estate agents, legal advisers and mortgage brokers. With over ten years of practice in Bristol, Samantha has built a reputation for an approachable manner and a thorough knowledge of the local property market.
How Samantha can help you
Samantha can advise on all aspects of:
- Buying and selling a residential property, including property investments, new build, and buy to let transactions;
- Joint ownership, transfer of ownership or equity and partition of ownership, including matrimonial transfers;
- Freehold, leasehold and lease extensions;
- Re-financing / re-mortgaging;
- Stamp duty land tax (SDLT);
- Probate sales;
- Auction sales;
- HM Land Registry applications;
- House sales and purchases for private individuals, including deputies, attorneys, first time buyers and property investors;
- Purchase and remortgages for limited company clients;
- Acting for lenders where separate representation is required in order for borrowers to obtain mortgage funding;
- Assisting first time buyers to obtain the Government “help to buy” ISA bonus;
- Acting for property developers to create leases of flats converted from one freehold title in order to sell or refinance the individual units;
- Transfers of equity in compliance with court orders both as a result of family law proceedings or litigation;
- Disposals of land for local authority clients;
- Transfers of part of land to divide freehold and leasehold titles;
- Acting for international clients and trusts in refinance or property transactions
Samantha Grimwood was always welcoming and guiding us through conveyancing, which was often complicated to ordinary members of the public. All our questions were answered, and answers explained to us clearly.