Chris is a corporate tax specialist, and has a depth of experience advising all types of clients on how to optimise their tax position.
In addition to being a solicitor, he is dual qualified as a Chartered Tax Adviser, and is a member of specialist industry bodies such as the Stamp Taxes Practitioners’ Group, and as such is ideally placed to advise both on current UK tax law and prospective changes.
Chris helps optimise client’s tax positions and advise on what is and is not allowable under the UK tax regime, whether than be in relation to:
- reorganisations, disposals or acquisitions or companies or other corporate entities;
- real estate tax issues (for both investment and development purposes);
- employment taxes; and
- management and employee incentivisation.
Chris is a:
- Qualified solicitor, Law Society of England & Wales
- Chartered Tax Adviser, Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Member, Stamp Taxes Practitioners’ Group
- Member, VAT Practitioners’ Group
How Chris can help you
Chris specialises in corporate tax. He helps clients in relation to the tax-efficient disposal, acquisition or reorganisation of corporate entities or groups, and optimising the tax position for both buyers and sellers.
He also has a wealth of expertise across a broad range of real estate taxation for a wide client base including; institutional investors, landowners, family offices, developers and funds. Chris’ advice helps identify any potential problem areas and ensures that there are no hidden tax costs in relation to UK property, whether that is in relation to acquisitions, disposals, investment holdings or developments.
He also helps structure management and employee incentivisation, including through the use of share schemes (both tax-advantaged and unapproved), ensuring that any incentivisation is fit-for-purpose and as tax-efficient as it can be.