Richard advises on all aspects of corporate law, specializing in business and share sales, acquisitions, MBOs, mergers/demergers, and debt/equity fundraisings and investments.
In addition, Richard also advises on a variety of company constitutional and general company law matters, as well as banking transactions. Richard’s work frequently includes advising on group re-organizations, joint ventures, articles of association and shareholder agreements, share options, partnerships, and start-up businesses.
“Richard kept us informed throughout the transaction and his responses to communications were always timely. His patience and tenacity helped to get this transaction across the line and we are very grateful!” – Client
“Richard has always provided excellent, easy to understand advice to clients I have referred to him. He is extremely approachable and makes clients feel immediately at ease, which is crucial when forming business relationships. All clients referred to Richard have spoken highly of him.” – Chartered Accountant
“We have worked with Richard Swain and the team at Clarke Willmott for a number of years on multiple transactions, and it has been a pleasure working with Richard, Bryony and the rest of the team again on this transaction. Their diligence and professionalism are a credit to them and the firm.” – Carl Murray, managing director, Capital Cash Limited
- Richard acts for clients of all sizes, from small family run businesses to large well-known national groups of companies, and across a wide range of sectors.
- Acting for the management team on the MBO and venture capital investment in a precision engineering manufacturer.
- Advising the shareholders on the group restructuring of a national distributor in the food and drink sector.
- Acting for a FTSE 250 listed global marine engineering services group on its acquisition of a company providing services to the oil and gas sector.
- Advising the shareholders of national franchisor operating an extensive chain of lettings agents.
- Acting for the seller on its disposal of a group of care homes to a national chain.
- Advising the buyer on a bank and venture capital funded acquisition of an IT services company.
- Acting for the UK Seller of a motor franchise operated in West Africa to a large listed group in France.
- Frequently advising smaller and medium sized owner-managed businesses on business sale and purchases, and putting in place suitable shareholder arrangements.
- Advising both banks and business customers on corporate refinancings.
- Helping companies structure appropriate EMI Option Scheme arrangements to incentivise key employees.