James heads up the national Construction team and specialises in resolving construction and engineering disputes. The team advises on all stages from procurement to the completion of projects, with a unique offering combining an English and Spanish specialism in construction and engineering law. We have a particular focus on energy and infrastructure projects.
Recently James and the team were engaged by a large Spanish based EPC contractor to assist with full legal support in relation to all and any issues arising out of the construction of the new CCGT power station in Carrington, just outside Manchester.
James and the team are also currently acting for other large Spanish contractors in other jurisdictions and continue to represent UK based developers, funders, contractors and subcontractors in respect of a variety of construction and engineering projects in the UK and abroad.
James’s recent reported cases:
- The Board of Trustees of National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside v AEW Architects and Designers Limited & PIHL UK Limited and Galliford Try Construction Limited (trading together in partnership as a joint venture “PIHL GALLIFORD TRY JV” (Third Party)  EWHC 3025 (TCC)
- Westshield Limited v Whitehouse and another  EWHC 3576 (TCC)
- Broughton Brickwork Limited v F Parkinson Ltd  EWHC 4525 (QB)
- Severfield (UK) Ltd v Duro Felguera UK Ltd  EWHC 2975 (TCC)
- Severfield (UK) Ltd v Duro Felguera UK Ltd  EWHC 3352 (TCC)
- John Sisk & Son Ltd v Duro Felguera UK Ltd  EWHC 81 (TCC)
- Claremont Group Interiors Ltd v Boultbee Ldn (Marylebone) Ltd  11 WLUK 380
- Raja & Others V Holden & Others  EWHC 3085 (comm)