Jeremy specialises in administering complex cross border and taxable estates, and will trusts.
Jeremy specialises in the administration of complex estates, particularly those which may have either or a combination of cross border elements, being subject to Inheritance Tax, or which include a testamentary trust, with a focus on providing effective and practical solutions for executors and trustees.
Jeremy qualified as a solicitor in Victoria, Australia in 2003 and has practised in England and Wales since 2009.
How Jeremy can help you
- Advising on the distribution of estates, including on intestacy or where a trust has been created by a Will
- Dealing with issues of domicile and multi-jurisdictional estate administration
- Providing advice on estate tax matters, in particular in respect of Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax
- General administration of deceased estates
- Administering estates with assets in other jurisdictions including Spain, France, Ireland, Switzerland, Sweden, Australia, Canada and the USA
- Acting for family members on intestacy in the administration of a multi-million pound non-English domicile estate, including facilitating the issue of Grants of Representation in England and the Channel Islands
- Advising executors and beneficiaries on the interrelationship between capital gains tax and inheritance tax where an estate property sold for a significant gain
- Acting for professional executors in a number of complex and high value estate, involving issues such as film tax rights disputes and a Lloyds Name