Andrew Cooper is a partner in the commercial property team.
Andrew’s expertise includes working with a number of national house builders and both public and private property companies in buying and selling all types of commercial property for investment, development, business, trading and leisure purposes. This includes TOGCs, legal structuring of mixed use development sites with residential element, as well as SDLT efficient structuring on complex site acquisitions.
Andrew joined Clarke Willmott in 2014 from Keystone Law where he was a consultant solicitor.
Andrew is a member of The Law Society.
- Acting for one of the UK’s largest national house builders in the complex freehold and leasehold acquisition of a flagship site in Kensington for high end residential development and simultaneous disposal of affordable housing element.
- Acting for a London specialist regeneration house builder in a complex sale of 189 flats and commercial space in a mixed-use development to an investor buyer at height of market and dealing with property aspects in ensuing litigation arising from market crash culminating in a successful High Court action.
- Acting for another Top 10 national house builder in dealing with complex legal structuring, title, land registration and SDLT issues arising from developing a substantial residential site adjoining St Albans City station.
- Acting for the owners of Wembley National Stadium in drafting and issuing a Certificate of Title to the old Wembley Stadium for the benefit of the syndication of banks financing the redevelopment of the new Wembley National Stadium.
- Acting for a world leader in natural gas taking a lease of its London headquarters.