Damian is an experienced litigator in the financial services litigation team who is able to get positive results in a wide range of financial disputes on behalf of both private individuals and financial advice firms.
Damian is a Partner in the Financial Services Litigation team. Damian specialises in claims involving pension mis-selling, coverage disputes between advice firms and their Professional Indemnity insurers, and disputes between advice firms and networks. Damian frequently acts for finance brokers in disputes over arrangement fees arising out of the provision of senior and mezzanine finance.
Damian also has a keen interest in commercial disputes arising in the sporting arena, particularly motorsport. Damian is one of the few solicitors in the country who has represented clients before the National Court of Motorsport UK. Damian has also represented teams competing in British Touring Cars and Formula E.
Damian was called to the Bar in 2009 before cross qualifying as a solicitor in 2012.
How Damian can help you
- Pension mis-selling claims, particularly involving transfers to SIPPs when the underlying investment is a Unregulated Collective Investment scheme.
- Coverage disputes between financial advice firms and their professional indemnity insurers, including 3rd party claims against the insurers if the advice firm has become insolvent.
- Disputes between financial adviser and introducers or networks.
- Commercial motorsport disputes.
- Advice on insolvency issues arising out of the above.
- Acted for an independent financial advice firm based in Wales in a coverage dispute with its professional indemnity insurer valued at in excess of £1.4m
- Acted for a Formula E team in a dispute with its main sponsor over a failure to pay sponsorship fees in excess of €4m.
- Represented an independent financial advice firm in a judicial review application to challenge a decision of the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Acted for a finance broker in the recovery of arrangement fees in excess of £350k arising out the arrangement of a £30m bond.
Damian Pitts is knowledgeable, capable and diplomatic.
The Legal 500 2022
Clients praise (Damian) Pitts for ‘clear, concise and timely advice combined with decisive action’.
The Legal 500 2021