Rod specialises in non-contentious agricultural and residential property law.
Rod is a partner in the Private Property & Agriculture team and acts for private clients, agri-businesses, institutional landowners and landed estates on a diverse range of property transactions including the acquisition and disposal of agricultural, residential and commercial properties. His practice also includes advising on landlord and tenant and general land management issues.
Rod also acts for many clearing banks and building societies in secured lending transactions and has particular experience in working with foreign nationals relocating to the UK or investing in property here. Due to his farming background, Rod is familiar with many of the practical issues affecting landowners and their property.
Rod qualified in 1996 and moved to Clarke Willmott from Osborne Clarke in 2005. He is a key partner in the firm’s Agriculture sector group, and also a member of the Banking and Financial services group.
Rod is individually ranked and described as “approachable and practical” and “methodical and meticulous” by Chambers and Partners and is also noted for being “meticulous” by Legal 500. He is a member of the Agricultural Law Association.
How Rod can help you
Rod advises clients on a wide range of issues including:
- Sales and purchases of estates, farms, land and country houses
- Secured lending on agricultural property
- Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 tenancies and Farm Business Tenancies
- Residential tenancies for farm cottages and residential properties
- The Basic Payment Scheme and environmental schemes
- Farm business reorganisation and restructuring
- Rights of way
- Development clawback arrangements, options and pre-emptions
- Restrictive covenants
- Partnerships, share farming and contracting arrangements
- Sporting, grazing and common rights
- Foreign national investment in UK property or relocation to the UK
- Residential conveyancing and property matters
Rod Lloyd-Jones is very thorough in his title investigations, making sure that the lender’s interests are protected throughout. His practical no-nonsense stance is most welcome!
The Legal 500
Rod Lloyd-Jones is diligent and meticulous, whilst also working at pace.
The Legal 500