Agricultural property law
Sought after agricultural property solicitors
Clarke Willmott’s team of agricultural property specialists has broad and rounded experience across the whole agriculture sector. This depth of sector knowledge enables us to provide the expert and informed legal advice on every aspect of a rural property transaction, no matter how complex.
Our expertise in agricultural property law
First and foremost, we understand that property transactions often need to be completed within very tight timescales, so we act quickly whilst always ensuring the very best deal for our clients.
Our team of specialist property solicitors extensive experience covers all aspects of the ownership, occupation, use and management of agricultural property, including:
- Sales and purchases of estates, farms, land and country houses
- Secured lending on agricultural property
- Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 tenancies and Farm Business Tenancies
- Residential tenancies for farm cottages
- The Basic Payment Scheme, Environmental Stewardship and other support
- Farm business re organisation and restructuring
- Rights of way
- Development clawback arrangements, options and pre-emptions
- Restrictive covenants
- Partnerships, share farming and contracting arrangements
- On farm renewable energy e.g. battery storage barns
- Sporting, grazing and common rights
- Residential conveyancing and property matters
- Equestrian holdings
Our agricultural property experience in action
- Selling a large traditional livestock farm with diversification potential
- Acting for a bank in respect of security for a loan facility to assist with the purchase of a farm complicated by title, planning and environmental issues, which needed to be resolved before completing
- Selling a farm in various lots which was complicated due to reciprocal rights, reservations and covenants
- Acting for both landlord and tenant in relation to the surrender and re-grant of tenancies subject to the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986
- Acting for both landlord and tenant in relation to the grant and variation of Farm Business Tenancies
Contact an agricultural property solicitor today
Our team of agricultural property solicitors has a strong presence in the South West and advises clients across England and Wales. To discuss your requirements, please call us on 0800 652 8025 or get in touch online.
Clarke Willmott has offices in Taunton, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester and Southampton.