Mehrannisa understands that a relationship breakdown is one of the most difficult times in a person’s life and the long term effects can be detrimental to a client and their family.
She ensures she keeps this as the forefront of her mind to guide and support her clients constructively and emotionally, whilst ensuring what is in their best interests in resolving their disputes and protecting their interests.
Mehrannisa is a Solicitor in our first tier Family Team, specialising in all areas of private family law. With a particular interest in advising in situations of domestic violence, given her voluntary work within domestic abuse agencies. Mehrannisa also has an understanding of Sharia Law and Nikah ceremonies in assisting with advice relating to this niche area in divorce matters. Whilst her background knowledge in policing also sets her apart when advising clients within this profession.
Mehrannisa joined Clarke Willmott in 2018. She previously worked in a Legal Aid firm giving her a breadth of understanding in complex children matters and domestic abuse cases, where she advocated in Court at primary attendances. Mehrannisa attended the University of the West of England and the University of Law in Bristol, she qualified as a solicitor in March 2021 with 5 years family experience to date to include assisting at an advice clinic.
Whilst Mehrannisa was a trainee solicitor, she explained how the Court can assist in resolving disputes when parents are finding it difficult to agree on childcare arrangements, setting out what is taken into consideration by the Court. Watch her video here for more information.
How Mehrannisa can help you
- Financial arrangements upon divorce and/or separation.
- Disputes arising from unmarried relationships including finances, properties and children.
- Financial remedy proceedings to include interim applications dealing with maintenance; orders for sale and injunctive measures.
- Child arrangements, to include specific issue and prohibited steps applications.
- Domestic abuse matters to include harassment warnings; undertakings; non-molestation orders and occupation orders.
- Represented a husband in matrimonial proceedings of high net worth where the wife retained the parties’ financial assets absolutely, in which she successfully achieved a fair settlement for a lump sum payment to the husband.
- Represented a mother in children proceedings, relating to a relocation to the Netherlands in which she was successful in obtaining the Court’s permission for the mother and children to relocate.
- Represented a father in children proceedings, relating to prohibiting the mother to relocate to Scotland, in which she was successful in preventing with minimal Court involvement.
- Mehrannisa is often approached to be represented by police officers, given her experience in understanding factors such as police pensions and rank promotion in financial matters and shift work/commitments in child arrangements.
Mehrannisa was with me every step of the way during what was a very difficult period of my life, she was extremely supportive, clear in explaining the different steps that I needed to take through the process and explained the myriad of legal jargon without hesitation when I couldn’t keep up.
Mehrannisa was informative, helpful and genuine when my children and I needed it the most.