Stephen is Clarke Willmott’s Chief Operating Officer. He joined Clarke Willmott in 1982 and trained with the firm, and before that studied at Glamorgan University and Chester Law School, and has recently (2012) graduated on the Cranfield University’s, Business Leader Programme.
Prior to Stephen’s tenure as Clarke Willmott’s Chief Executive (2010-2023), he was a member of the Commercial Property Division, with particular expertise in regeneration, development and funding. He has worked on a number of long term and complex projects such as the Bristol and Bath Science Park.
Stephen is ranked in Legal 500 and Chambers – Band 1 for Real Estate.
He is chairman of The Bristowe (Fair Rent) Housing Association Limited, a not for profit organisation which owns and manages 70 affordable housing units in and around Bristol. He has also been appointed a trustee of Penny Brohn Cancer Care, a national charity offering complementary care for people with cancer. Both positions are undertaken on a voluntary basis.
- Attending and graduating Cranfield University’s highly acclaimed Business Leader’s Programme (2011/12).
- Working with South West Regional Development, and then Homes and Communities Agency since 2003, and the acquisition development and management of Bristol and Bath Science Park.
- Working with Bath and North East Somerset Council on its property portfolio and key regeneration projects, including the Multiplex and leisure project at Kingsmead, The Octagon and Milsom Place, and continuing to work with them on forthcoming projects.
- Advising Deeley Freed Estates Ltd on its flagship office and retail development at Portwall Place Bristol.
- Advising Eagle One Ltd on its role as developer of the Exeter Science Park and other development at Junction 29 of the M5.