John analyses and explains the risks presented by the trading opportunity and provides the legal framework within which businesses can trade securely.
John is a very experienced commercial contract lawyer. He researches, drafts and negotiates contracts for clients across a wide spectrum of business ventures and transactions. John can bring to your negotiation the added value that ensures your project can be documented in a sensible, commercial and efficient way. He has the ability to help clients understand what is critical and what is not and the knack of being able to give clear explanations of complex legal concepts and wording.
In his career John has worked across Europe and for 13 years was Director of Legal Affairs North Europe for a global truck manufacturer. Having bought legal services and managed outside lawyers John has a real understanding what business clients need from their advisors.
John is head of the Company Commercial team in the Birmingham office but also works from the London office.
The firm’s company commercial team has the experience to provide expert advice on every aspect of company and commercial law.
For the past few years John has written and recorded webinars on contractual matters for a legal publisher.
He was the first lawyer to address a session of the Pulse annual conference. The subject was the future of GP Partnerships.
How John can help you
John specialises in:
- Business to business trading contracts including manufacturing, engineering, distribution, supply chain and service agreements;
- The sale and purchase of companies and businesses where he has particular expertise in engineering businesses, care homes, GP practices and casinos;
- Partnership agreements particularly for GPs
- The impact of GDPR on commercial contracts
- Advising an engineering project company on force majeure provisions in multiple contracts as a result of COVID-19
- Acting for a long established Birmingham manufacturer on the sale of its business and assets
- Acting on the proposed acquisition of a casino in Somerset
- Advising GP practices in Lancashire and Berkshire on partnership issues
- Advising a professional trade association on its video compliance with GDPR
- Reviewing a contract from a European crane manufacturer for a materials handling company
John Irving is always punctual, never misses deadlines and goes out of his way to assist clients
The Legal 500
John Irving works at the helm and is notably skilled in competition and supply chain issues.
The Legal 500