Charlotte helps social housing providers and others to obtain funding by acting for those borrowers or those lending to them
Charlotte is a Senior Associate in the Commercial Property department specialising in secured lending and social housing finance. She qualified in 2000 but took an extended maternity break during which she set up and ran two successful businesses; a Christmas Tree Farm and holiday accommodation. She returned to the legal profession in 2017.
Charlotte works closely with colleagues in the Banking and Finance Team providing advice to Registered Providers and Registered Social Landlords in connection with borrowing transactions. She also acts for lenders / security trustees in connection with loans to providers of social housing, care home providers and educational establishments.
Charlotte assists Registered Providers and Registered Social Landlords with the following:
- undertaking full property due diligence including reviewing title, planning matters and searches;
- advising on and resolving title issues including deeds of variation, registration of unregistered title, adverse possession claims;
- varying section 106 agreements where necessary to achieve MV-ST valuation;
- charging the reviewed portfolios to lenders / security trustees.
For her lender clients, Charlotte deals with the following:
- reviewing Certificates of Title or preparing Reports on Title;
- ensuring conditions precedent are in place;
- putting in place security.
Her work for lenders means that Charlotte is well placed to advise borrower clients on lender requirements and equally she is able to advise her lender clients on the commerciality of their requirements through her understanding of the issues faced by her borrower clients.
How Charlotte can help you
Charlotte is keen to help her clients identify issues at an early stage to enable these to be resolved where possible or to enable informed decisions to be made. Each portfolio is different and each title within a portfolio can throw up a variety of issues. Charlotte is experienced in recognising potential difficulties and working through them with clients.
Everything was organised well, communication was excellent and when [the Bank] did not respond as efficiently as it should have we were kept informed and were able to push from our side to keep everything moving and to meet our deadline.
Taff Housing Association