Beth advises lenders and borrowers on corporate and commercial funding transactions.
Beth is a banking and finance lawyer. She advises on all kinds of corporate and commercial funding matters, encompassing facility, security and intercreditor documents. Her particular specialism is property development finance, and she also specialises in third sector lending and social housing finance. She is experienced in project financing (in particular clean energy) and education finance.
She was at international firm Eversheds for eleven years, before joining Clarke Willmott in 2016. She is fluent in both English and Welsh and can advise clients in either language, as preferred.
Beth is the Corporate and Social Responsibility partner for the Cardiff office and enjoys working with our chosen charity partner, Llamau, to help make a difference in our local community. Llamau believe that no young person or vulnerable woman should ever have to experience homelessness, and their mission is to eradicate homelessness for young people and vulnerable women.
“Nothing is ever too much trouble for Beth – no matter how obscure the query! It is an absolute pleasure and privilege to work with her – her commitment and determination (in terms of getting the deal done) are the stuff of legend.” Hilary King, Lending Operations Manager, Triodos Bank UK.
How Beth can help you
Beth is experienced in all types of lending arrangements, including syndicated facilities, private placements.
Beth is also knowledgeable in all matters relating to security and intercreditor arrangements.
Beth has experience across a number of different sectors.
- Education – acting for Santander in relation to the provision of a significant revolving credit facility to London School of Economics and Political Science
- Healthcare – acting for borrowers and lenders on numerous care home deals, whether investing in existing homes or developing new ones.
- Wholesale finance – acting for Triodos in relation to the provision of funding to BCRS Business Loans, helping them support businesses
- Social housing finance – acting for Svensksa Handelsbanken on the provision of a substantial loan to a large national social housing provider
- Development finance – acting for Homes England on a number of projects where it has provided funding to unlock difficult or stalled sites for the provision of housing
- Clean energy finance – acting for a new developer in relation to the setting up and funding of biomass plants
task-focused and approachable in heat of battle.
The Legal 500
excellent, good at communication,” and has “good insights and great knowledge.
Chambers and Partners