Rayner advises on the issues that arise for an individual following the breakdown of a relationship in relation to divorce/civil partnership dissolution, their financial affairs and their children.
Rayner is a Partner and Head of the Birmingham Family team.
Rayner trained at specialist family law firm Blair Allison and qualified in 2000. She joined Clarke Willmott as a partner in 2014 and became Head of the Birmingham Office in 2017.
Whilst she has vast experience of all areas of family law, Rayner specialises in dealing with high value complex financial matters following divorce or relationship breakdown. She also has a successful practice dealing in complex private law children matters, including those that have elements of parental alienation and issues surrounding domestic abuse, with particular expertise in cases involving controlling and coercive behaviour.
She also has expertise in advising on matrimonial agreements including pre-nuptial and post nuptial agreements.
She acts for a wide range of clients but has had particular involvement with proceedings which have involved family businesses, partnerships and clients from the entertainment and sports world.
Rayner aims for a high level of client service and focuses on resolving matters pragmatically and swiftly to achieve a resolution that is tailored to the individual needs of the client.
Rayner is a member of a specialist Resolution Working Party and an accredited Family Law Panel member. She is also a regular media contributor having provided comment for Radio 5 Live as well as local and professional publications.
How Rayner can help you
Rayner aims for a high level of client service and focuses on resolving matters pragmatically and swiftly to achieve a resolution that is tailored to the individual needs of the client. She regularly deals with:
- Divorce – fair financial provision;
- Dissolution of civil partnerships and nullity proceedings;
- Financial provision following divorce/dissolution;
- Variation or set aside of existing financial orders;
- Cohabitation rights and separation agreements;
- Pre and post-nuptial agreements;
- Family businesses;
- Disputes about care or education of children ;
- Applications for parental rights;
- Child residence, contact and relocation disputes;
- Applications for permission to resettle overseas with children;
- International child abduction;
- Complex pension structures;
- Parental alienation;
- Complex domestic abuse, including controlling and coercive behaviour
- Advising on pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements concentrating in particular on the protection of family business;
- Advising on complex financial claims on behalf of children under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989;
- Dealing with disputes regarding arrangements for children on separation, including international relocation;
- Advising on protection of pension assets, particularly to clients in the public sector including NHS, Police, and Fire Service to include cases involving top ranking executives and officers;
- Dealing with complex inherited family wealth involving a significant trust element;
- Representing international clients including residents of Dubai, France, USA and Singapore;
- Advising personalities from the sports and entertainment world.
Rayner Grice is an exceptional individual. She is a good listener, compassionate and very professional. She is attentive to details, thoughtful and not pushy at the same time.
The Legal 500
Rayner Grice is an outstanding practitioner who is bright, dedicated and totally committed to each of her clients.
The Legal 500
Articles by Rayner
Why succession planning can make or break your family business
A recent judgement by Robert Peel QC at the High Court brought the importance of planning into stark contrast when both parties in the case were left vulnerable with only modest assets and income.