Simon advises on corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, corporate reorganisations and general corporate governance.
Simon is a partner in the Corporate team. He deals with a variety of corporate transactions including company acquisitions and disposals, equity investments, corporate reorganisations and general corporate governance.
Simon acts for a variety of clients, ranging from entrepreneurs and family owned businesses to venture capital and private equity investors and multinational publicly listed groups.
He is one of nine partners in the national Corporate team, which is known for adopting a commercial and pragmatic approach to transactions, ensuring these are concluded efficiently whilst protecting the interests of our clients.
Simon has significant experience advising on international transactions and is recognised by Chambers and Partners for the breadth of his expertise in corporate law and his strong focus on sophisticated cross border acquisitions. He is also a member of the firm’s cross-disciplinary team advising on matters relating to the Hinkley Point C nuclear power plant and also provides corporate support to the firm’s social housing sector.
Originally from the South West, Simon graduated with a first class law degree from Exeter University. He joined Clarke Willmott in 2011 from the City office of Charles Russell (now Charles Russell Speechlys) and has been a partner in the firm since 2014.
How Simon can help you
- acquisition and disposal of companies and businesses (domestic and cross-border)
- management buy outs / buy ins
- debt and equity investments
- corporate joint ventures
- collaboration and partnership agreements
- shareholders’ agreements
- articles of association
- Advising Addnode Group AB (Nasdaq Stockholm listed) in connection with several acquisitions including:
- (i) Excitech Limited;
- (ii) Service Works Group (an international software company with operations in the UK, Canada and Australia)
- (iii) Intrinsys Limited (a UK leader in PLM Software)
- (iv) the “Symetri” business of Airbus Defence and Space.
- Acting for the management team on the £17 million management buy-out of Panther Logistics;
- Advising the sellers on the private equity backed acquisition of a portfolio of trade shows;
- Advising on the disposal of Nuclear Decommissioning Services Limited to Logística y Acondicionamientos Industriales SA (LAINSA).
- Advising the childrens’ nursery group, Eduko Education Limited, on multiple acquisitions.
- Acting for HSBC Bank plc in connection with its funding for the £8.5m management buy-out of Aero Stanrew Limited.
In every walk of life there are one or two outstanding professionals that are streets ahead of the rest, Simon Smith is absolutely in that select category. Once again he stepped in to act with the necessary speed and shrewd solutions to meet a tight deadline with aplomb. Overall we are delighted with Clarke Willmott’s contribution.
Tom Borthen, CEO, Fortem International. December 2021
Simon Smith is noted for his breadth of expertise in corporate law. His practice involves a strong focus on sophisticated cross-border acquisitions.