Edward is a Senior Associate in the Commercial and Private Client Litigation team, specialising in commercial litigation.
Edward advises on a broad spectrum of commercial disputes for clients ranging from private clients to multi-national companies, including disputes relating to partnerships and companies, directors’ duties, breach of contract, solicitor and surveyor professional negligence, debt recovery and enforcement.
Edward has experience in all areas of dispute resolution including mediation, adjudication and arbitration, as well as county court and High Court litigation.
Edward has also acts on behalf of clients in cost disputes. He has been very successful recently, achieving more than 90% costs recovery for his clients on several occasions.
Edward joined Clarke Willmott in September 2006 as a trainee solicitor after completing a Post Graduate Diploma in Law. Previously, he had obtained a Masters in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and Management at Exeter University. He was retained on qualification as a solicitor in September 2008.
- Successfully mediated a series of claims on behalf of an individual client against his former solicitors for professional negligence relating to the purchase of land for development.
- Advised a client in relation to the negligent structural design of an office development. This included advising the client on the pursuit of an insurer under the Third Parties (Rights against Insurers) Act 1930 and third party costs’ orders.
- Successfully defended a director client against a claim for breach of director’s fiduciary duties brought by his fellow director.
- Acted for a national company in a services contract dispute. Obtained judgment and costs for the full sum claimed.
- Currently involved in several multi-million pound professional negligence claims brought by a national lender against its surveyors and solicitors.
I would single out Ed Halden for his stellar written work and willingness to take responsibility.
The Legal 500 2020