Peter focuses on getting the best result for his clients by taking a commercial approach to the resolution of their disputes.
Peter is an accomplished litigator, and since qualifying in 2001 has acted for a range of clients, from small businesses to multi national corporations in the resolution of their disputes.
Peter takes a pragmatic and commercial approach to the disputes that he handles.
Peter is a general commercial litigator, with a particular interest in complex contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, banking disputes and professional negligence claims.
Peter is active and well known in the West Midlands business community.
Peter is a qualified and accredited mediator, having qualified in 2019. His mediation CV can be made available on request.
How Peter can help you
- Shareholder disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Warranty disputes
- Professional negligence
- Complex debt recovery
- Reported case: AMOB Machinery Limited -v- Andrew Smith Hughes and 2 others [2022 ]EWHC 1410 (QB): acting for defendants to resist an injunction application to restrain our clients from using allegedly confidential information. As well as making substantive findings on whether the information was capable of being protected, the Judge also made useful observations on the Claimants conduct, particularly around whether they had brought their application promptly. Their application was dismissed, and they were made to pay our clients’ costs.
- Reported case: MTF Funding Limited (in liquidation) (1) MTF Resources Limited (2) v Synergy Agroscience Limited and 2 others EWHC 682 (Ch): acting for a commercial funder (one of whom was in liquidation) in the enforcement of a complex banking facility, as well as concurrent claims against guarantors. The claim was hard fought, with several trial adjournments over an extended period of time. Our clients were ultimately successful at trial, securing substantial awards for interest and costs in addition to their substantive claims.
- Dealing with a hotly contested shareholders dispute within a family business, which resulted in an advantageous settlement being achieved a few weeks before trial.
- Dealing with a shareholders dispute for a client who was engaged in the care industry. Attending a mediation and brokering a successful exit for the client, which included a waiver of covenants, enabling them to set up business immediately on their own.
- Advising a client on a shareholders dispute where they had arguably breached their directors duties. Achieving a settlement whereby my client exited the business, but with a complete waiver of claims and a payment of some compensation.
- Dealing with a dispute that related to shares held within a corporate trust that involved various companies based in a number of international jurisdictions. Assisting in the resolution of that dispute.
- Dealing with a warranty dispute and contractual misrepresentation worth high six figures, which was ultimately resolved at mediation.