Professional negligence, property litigation and general commercial disputes.
Paul has a wealth of experience in commercial litigation with particular expertise in professional negligence and property litigation. He acts for many large commercial organisations including banks, public authorities and large corporations as well as for private clients and SME’s. Paul was admitted as a Solicitor in 1982.
Paul is a Deputy District Judge; he is a member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association; he has been a board member of a health authority where he was also the chairman of their disciplinary committee; he was an Assistant and Deputy Coroner for 15 years; he has been the chairman of the parent’s association of a preparatory school; and for many years was an advisor to the Citizens Advice Bureau.
Recent cases include:
- A claim against a large PLC for damages exceeding £5M arising out of a breach of contract to buy land for development.
- A claim for damages for misrepresentation on behalf of a developer arising out of the purchase of development property worth £1M plus which was blighted by restrictive covenants.
- Acting for a public authority in negotiating a surrender of their lease of commercial property for a reverse premium of £1M.
- A claim against Solicitors for negligently failing to register an option to buy land.
- Acting for members of an unincorporated association in a claim against Trustees concerning the sale of property worth £8M.
His advice has been timely, appropriate and practical and has led to successful outcomes for us. I would not have any hesitation in recommending him.