Our specialist serious injury team has signed up to the Guide to best practice in the conduct of personal injury claims involving complex injuries, which went live this week.
The Guide, developed by APIL and FOIL is intended to create an environment that encourages positive collaboration between claimant representatives and insurers and to help parties resolve the issues whilst putting the injured person at the centre of the process.
The principal aims are:
- To resolve the question of liability (i.e., who was to blame) as quickly as possible;
- To provide early access to rehabilitation to maximise an injured person’s recovery;
- To resolve claims in a cost appropriate and proportionate manner;
- To resolve claims within an appropriate agreed time frame;
- Resolution through an environment of mutual trust, transparency and collaboration.
Lee Hart, Head of the Serious Injury Team welcomes the introduction of the Guide. He said: “The Guide reflects the approach our experienced serious injury specialists have taken for many years, putting our client’s health and well-being at the forefront of what we do. I look forward to seeing a more collaborative approach from insurers and their representatives, leading to a greater resolution of issues and claims at the earliest opportunity.”
The content of the Serious Injury Guide, which went live on 12 October, can be found at http://www.seriousinjuryguide.co.uk
If you would like to discuss any issues regarding an existing or potential serious injury claim, please contact Lee Hart on 0345 209 1465 or 0800 316 8892.