Debt recovery for the education sector
Recovering unpaid school fees and other debts
The education sector faces ever increasing pressure on its financial resources. This makes it essential that independent schools and others in the sector have robust credit control systems in place to ensure fees are paid on time. However, when internal processes do not lead to payment it is important they are backed up by an effective debt recovery solution.
We have a proven track record of successfully recovering unpaid school fees, tuition fees and sundry debts on behalf of a range of educational institutions, including independent schools, colleges and universities.
Our services to the education sector include:
- Recovery of outstanding debts, including unpaid school fees, unpaid tuition fees and other sundry debts
- Set-up of payment plans and collection of payments
- Monitoring and reporting compliance with agreed payment terms
- Credit control advice and how to minimise late payments
- Advice on the terms and conditions of payment contracts, standard letters and instalment agreements
Our approach to debt recovery
We appreciate that every client’s needs are different and we will work with you to agree a tailored approach aligned with your internal processes and ethos. We also understand the importance of protecting your reputation, and work ethically and compliantly throughout the recovery process, to ensure this is never compromised.
Our experience often allows us to recover unpaid schools fees swiftly and effectively, without the need for formal legal action. When necessary, we will issue court proceedings, advise you on the most appropriate action and keep you updated at each step.
Our recent work
- Joint and several liability despite parents’ divorce
- Successful recovery of a long-standing debt
- Understanding a debtor’s ability and willingness to pay
Contact a debt recovery lawyer
To learn more about how our specialists can support your establishment, please contact a member of our team directly or send us an email.
Clarke Willmott has offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton and Taunton. We are members of the Civil Court Users Association (CCUA) and provide debt recovery advice to the education sector across the UK.