Barry is a pragmatic corporate transactional lawyer who prides himself on his “no-nonsense” approach towards progressing matters in an efficient and timely manner to meet his clients‘ needs.
Barry joined the Corporate and Commercial team at Clarke Willmott in January 2022 from Weightmans LLP as a Senior Associate, with over 10 years’ of experience advising on all aspects of corporate law.
After brief stints working in both Bristol and Liverpool, Barry has been based in Manchester since May 2016 and predominantly advises individuals, private companies, owner managed businesses, larger corporates, family companies, start-ups and management teams on their corporate needs.
Barry’s particular expertise is advising on all aspects of corporate transactions involving private companies, including: mergers and acquisitions, disposals, equity investments, shareholders’ agreements and articles of association, joint ventures, family investment companies, corporate governance, company law advisory and shareholder re-organisations / group restructuring.
How Barry can help you
Barry regularly advises clients on all aspects of their corporate transactional needs, but has specific expertise in:
- transaction documentation, including share purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, disclosure processes and all related ancillary documentation;
- corporate constitutions, including articles of association, shareholders’ agreements and joint venture agreements;
- investment documentation, including investment agreements and loan note instruments;
- family investment companies;
- company incorporations;
- de-mergers, share buybacks and reductions of share capital;
- due diligence investigations and reports; and
- general company law advisory.
- Acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a process materials business based in the UK by a US buyer.
- Acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a large brewery group.
- Re-organisation and onward sale of the entire issued share capital of a company operating a large number of petrol stations.
- Advising on a number of care home transactions (for both sellers and buyers).
- Sale of the entire issued share capital of a financial services business regulated by the FCA.
- Acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a UK based plastics business by a US buyer.
- Sale of shares in a UK based business in the scientific sector.
- Advising on various sales and acquisitions of day care nurseries.
- Acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a UK insurance brokerage firm.
- Advising on a number of investments in a local technology company from both private investors and venture capital funders.
- Disposal of the entire issued share capital of a trucking business.
- Disposal of the business and assets of a large local hotel.
- Re-organisation and onward sale of part of a UK insurance brokerage business.
- Sale of the entire issued share capital of a large motor parts business.
- Sale of the entire issued share capital of a large waste disposal company.