Our rural property team, comprising seven lawyers, has extensive experience of dealing with all aspects of agricultural property. The ownership, occupation, use and management of agricultural land are regulated in many different ways under English law. A transaction involving farm land will almost inevitably require specialist advice on issues as diverse as EU quotas and subsidies, agricultural tenancies, occupation of dwellings and farm buildings, planning, rights of way, environmental issues, employment, movement of animals to name but a few.
The rural property team works within the wider agricultural team thus ensuring that we have expert lawyers who can deal with every aspect of the law affecting rural property transactions.
Our services include:
- Sales and purchases of estates, farms, land and country houses
- Secured lending on agricultural property
- Agricultural tenancies – AHA 1986 tenancies and FBTs
- Residential tenancies for farm cottages
- EU milk quotas, Single Payment Scheme, Environmental Stewardship and other support payments and quotas
- Farm business reorganisation and restructuring
- Rights of way
- Development clawback arrangements, options and pre-emptions
- Restrictive covenants
- Partnerships, share farming and contracting arrangements
In today’s rapidly changing market we appreciate that property transactions very often need to be completed and advice is required within very tight timescales. With our extensive and highly specialised rural property team we are well able to respond to this challenge, ensuring that we achieve the very best deal for our clients.