Carol is a Consultant in the Private Client team specialising in estate planning, trusts, probate and tax for wealthy and complex families.
Carol’s expertise includes working with private clients, executors and trustees on a range of issues including complex estates with international, business and agricultural issues, large family trusts and advising individuals on their tax and estate planning.
Carol is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and has represented the Wales and West region of STEP at national level. She is also a Certified Accountant and Chartered Tax Advisor.
- Dealing with the administration of large landed estates and continuing trusts including offering assets in lieu of tax, conditional exemption claims and business and agricultural reliefs.
- Estate planning for family business clients to maximise reliefs for capital taxes and ensure generational asset protection
- Proving entitlements on intestacy of estranged family members and securing estates otherwise due to pass to the crown as bona vacantia.
- Advising trustees on asset structuring to maximise business property reliefs prior to 10 year anniversary charge for Inheritance Tax.
- Advising overseas executors on grant applications in England and Wales.