Specialist financial mis-selling solicitors
Claim compensation for the mis-selling of financial products
Financial mis-selling is when someone acts on inadequate or misleading professional financial advice and loses money as a result. For example, being encouraged to transfer out of a secure company pension scheme to a riskier investment scheme, without having the downsides explained to you properly. If you believe you may have been the victim of negligent or unscrupulous financial advice, our financial mis-selling solicitors are ready to help you try and recover your losses.
Our expert litigation solicitors have extensive experience in pursuing financial mis-selling compensation claims against individual advisers, firms, and financial institutions, and are fully committed to achieving the best outcome for you.
How our experts can help you
Your financial mis-selling solicitor will consider your case carefully and assess the likelihood of a successful claim based on the quality of the advice you received in relation to your personal circumstances.
They will then choose the best route for your situation and for you, be that through the courts, Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), Pensions Ombudsman, mediation or negotiation.
Here are some examples of the issues we can advise you on:
- Pension mis-selling such as transferring out of a defined benefit/final salary scheme; self invested personal pension (SIPP) mis-selling and poor advice on a pension annuity
- Investment mis-selling into high risk products such as overseas property, storage pods, off plan property and carbon credits
- Non-compliant or illegal tax mitigation schemes
- Mortgage mis-selling such as mortgages that run past retirement age, equity release, remortgaging unnecessarily and self-certification mortgages
- Earning commission for switching your money from product to product regardless of whether you gain or lose money as a result of the switch.
Clarke Willmott – your legal partner for life
- We fight hard on your behalf to secure the best possible outcome for you with the minimum of fuss.
- Our team of solicitors, which includes qualified financial advisers, has the depth and breadth of experience to understand the forces at play on both sides, giving us the edge over other law firms.
- We offer flexible fee and funding arrangements including no-win, no-fee.
- When your trust has been abused, you can depend on us to be transparent and honest with you from day one. We will also explain everything clearly to you and listen to what you need from us.
Contact our financial mis-selling specialists today
For advice on taking action against a financial services provider, either on your own or as part of a group, call for a free initial consultation today on 0800 652 8025 or get in touch online.
Our specialist financial mis-selling solicitors based in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Taunton and Southampton are ready to discuss your case.