Trade mark registration
Trade mark legal guidance
A trade mark is a sign capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one enterprise from those of other enterprises. Trade marks are a key form of intellectual property right.
We work with trade mark agents to register trade marks in the United Kingdom, European Union (EU)and worldwide.
Our trade mark services
Our intellectual property lawyers can assist you in:
- Obtaining trade marks in the UK, EU and internationally
- Advising on trade mark registrability
- Conducting trade mark clearance searches
- Dealing with any official objections or third party oppositions which may prevent the registration of your trade mark
- Advising on filing strategies and whether to file trade marks via the Madrid system or directly in each country of interest
- Setting up trade mark watch services, to monitor applications and alert you to trade marks filed by third parties which may conflict with your own.
- We also offer advice and representation in cases of trade mark infringement, whether you are accused of infringing someone else’s trade mark or someone is infringing yours.
Contact a trade mark lawyer
Clarke Willmott has offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton and Taunton and we provide IP advice both to clients located within the UK and around the world.