Private Wealth Consultant
Carol enjoys long term relationships with her clients and likes to get to know the families well so that she can help them at each key step in life with a focus on protecting the family wealth from erosion by tax and outside claims so it remains in the family for future generations.
Carol is a consultant in the private client team specialising in estate planning, trusts, probate and tax advice for wealthy and complex families, combining her tax and accounting background with legal experience and helping generations of families as their trusted adviser.
Carol is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and has represented the Wales and West region of STEP at national level. She is also a Certified Accountant and Chartered Tax Advisor.
She also holds several STEP Advanced Certificates in Will Preparation (Distinction), UK Tax for International Clients (Distinction) and Cross Border Estates (Merit)
Carol is a member of the STEP Special Interest Groups for Family Business and Cross Border Estates.
How Carol can help you
Carol has a wide range of skills covering both the domestic and international estate planning needs of her clients and supporting them beyond their planning with their family trusts, advice on their wills and estates and supporting them and their families with their ongoing needs and also on specific life events such as marriage, death, remarriage, retirement and new adventures.
Carol has a particular specialism in advising clients with international issues such as the impact of their residence and domicile status, the taxation of offshore trusts and cross-border estate planning.
- Carrying out domicile reviews for clients with an international footprint.
- Estate planning for family business clients to maximise reliefs for capital taxes and ensure generational asset protection through the use of trusts, wills and family investment companies.
- Dealing with the administration of large landed estates and continuing trusts including offering assets in lieu of tax, conditional exemption claims and business and agricultural reliefs.
- Advising trustees on asset structuring to maximise business property reliefs prior to 10 year anniversary charge for Inheritance Tax.
- Advising overseas executors on grant applications in England and Wales.
- Advising offshore trustees on their UK reporting duties in relation to UK property assets.