“Professionalism, dedication and sheer hard work”
To view our team card please click here.
Our specialist Financial Services Litigation team assists in the resolution of disputes broadly relating to pensions, investments and insurance policies – sadly all too common.
The team’s work commonly entails claims relating to the standard of financial advice, for example that products or strategies were unsuitable, or that risks were poorly explained (claims of so-called mis-selling). We also handle contractual disputes concerning anything from simple administrative errors with serious financial consequences, to failures by providers to pay out properly calculated returns or benefits. In conjunction with other teams, we also act in cases involving fraud and insolvency.
We have a wealth of expertise in this area, as a result of many years’ practical experience allied to formal financial services qualifications, which we believe give us a level of understanding which is unique outside of London.
Our aim is to secure the best possible outcomes for our clients with the minimum of fuss, using whatever method is most appropriate in the circumstances – be it the courts, the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), the Pensions Ombudsman, an internal dispute resolution process, mediation or just good old-fashioned negotiation – and we pride ourselves on our successful track record.
Our approach is robust and we fight hard for our clients interests, yet we are also creative and open-minded, which we find is often the key to success.
We offer flexible services and costs arrangements. We routinely act under conditional fee agreements (CFA) in cases which we advise have sufficient prospects of success, and can offer fixed fees for certain services if required. We can also facilitate access to third party funding and after-the-event (ATE) insurance options on good terms, as a result of our strong relationships with insurers and funders.
What our clients have to say
- “I wish to express my sincere thanks for your’s and your team’s hard work in reaching this fantastic conclusion. Thanks you very much indeed!”
- “Many thanks – it all feels a little surreal after all this time. My wife and I did raise a glass or two to the team at Clarke Willmott for a job well done!!”
- “Just wanted to say thank you to you and the rest of the team at Clark Willmott for all the time commitment and determination given to the case. [It gives us] a fighting chance of rebuilding our lives again. We’ve been treading water looking for land for the past 7 years, and now finally land is in sight”
- “You have kept us informed every step of the way in simple language that we could understand.”
- “May I reiterate how much I have admired your strength and determination – it must have been extremely stressful for you most of the time.”
- “Were it not for Clarke Willmott we would not have seen a penny of our investment back.”
- “I thank you and your colleagues for all you have done for me and for all the clients to bring this to a conclusion.”
- “I would like to thank you, Philippa and colleagues for the excellent work in delivering a result in this matter – it is very much appreciated.”