Maria joined the Construction team at Clarke Willmott in November 2021 from Burges Salmon, where she had practised for the previous 15 years.
She advises a broad range of clients including property developers, investors, contractors, consultants, funders, public authorities, social housing providers and commercial end-users.
Maria specialises in non-contentious construction and engineering law, with a focus on real estate development and real estate finance across a wide variety of sectors including retail, housing, offices, hotels, healthcare and education.
She has extensive experience of various standard construction forms, including the JCT and NEC. Maria advises on the drafting and negotiation of engineering and building contracts, consultancy agreements, development agreements, agreements for lease, security documents and collateral warranties.
- Advising an American multinational information technology company on their HQ in Reading and its 20,000 square ft new offices in Manchester;
- Advising an international entertainment company on various projects within its portfolio including the joint venture development of a retail outlet in London;
- Acting for a one of the world’s largest development and construction companies on various residential projects together with a £100m office-led local regeneration scheme in JV with a local authority;
- Advising a university in relation to various development projects within its portfolio, including a JV development project to develop world-class and industrial scale facilities for the development of technologies for vehicles and renewable technologies as well as a new £300m city centre campus regeneration project;
- Advising a national garden centre chain in respect of a complex tripartite development agreement with a major supermarket;
- Advising a South West County Council and District Council on the construction aspects and documentation of a new community building and school including associated roads and infrastructure in connection with a new sustainable town.
- Acting in relation to a major central London property portfolio across a wide variety of redevelopment projects including a £350million redevelopment of a central London area.
- Advising a major UK government research organisation in respect of its new HQ;
- Advising a major bank on various refinancing projects across the UK covering student accommodation, supported living and hotel schemes.