Anna is a Partner in the firm’s Employment and HR team. Anna supports employers with all aspects of employee relations and employment law issues, including contractual matters, disciplinaries and grievances, strategic exits, restructuring, Employment Tribunal litigation, and employment issues arising in corporate transactions. Anna is an expert on TUPE and outsourcing and has worked on matters such as the largest outsourcing from the public sector to the private sector.
Anna is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association. She is a trustee of a local prevention of homelessness charity as well as a school governor.
- Advising on Employment aspects of the sale of 99p Stores to Poundland
- Advising on the removal of a finance director, who was an employee/shareholder. This involved a shareholder dispute and co-ordination of input from Commercial Disputes and Corporate lawyers.
- Advising on the performance management of an employee who was pregnant.
- Successfully defending a complex claim for unfair dismissal, involving complaints of detriments on grounds of whistleblowing, trade union activities and race discrimination, and securing a costs award against the Claimant.
- Defending a claim for whistleblowing and unfair dismissal brought by a Chief Executive. Anna proved that the employee had forged a document in order to bolster his claim and mislead the Tribunal, and secured costs against the Claimant in excess of £30,000 on an indemnity basis.
- Anna has developed and presented innovative training sessions, including an innovative employment update based on a TV show format, which included interactive text voting by attendees.