The total economic contribution of franchising to the UK economy has grown 46% over the last ten years to £15.1 billion. There are around 900 franchisors operating in the UK with over 621,000 people working in the sector*.
We are members of the British Franchising Association, and operate a specialised franchising group which assists franchisors and franchisees in a wide range of sectors, including health and fitness, fashion, travel, and food and drink. This group includes intellectual property, commercial property, commercial, corporate, and employment solicitors. We are therefore able to provide a complete service to our franchise clients.
We also work alongside other third parties such as accountants, franchise consultants, and property management agents to ensure that clients obtain a complete franchising service.
Our work for franchisors and franchisee includes:
- Reviewing and drafting franchise agreements, leases, sub-leases, “buy-back” options, and disclosure packs;
- Assisting clients in establishing a franchise network and developing an appropriate group structure;
- Representing franchisees in franchise re-sales;
- Resolving disputes between franchisors and franchisees;
- Managing trade mark portfolios including filing and prosecuting trade marks around the world;
- Drafting employment contracts and advising on employment matters; and
- Assisting clients in developing franchise networks in other countries.
On behalf of franchisees, we have reviewed franchise agreements in diverse markets including, but not limited to, the following:
- Martin & Co (estate agency);
- Gallones Ice Cream Parlours (ice cream parlour);
- Greenthumb (lawn maintenance);
- Horizon Travel (travel agency); and
- The Camping and Caravanning Club (caravan and camping parks).
(*British Franchising Association / Natwest Survey 2015)
For further information please download our brochure.