Rebecca is a Senior Associate in our top tier Property Litigation team who specialises in a broad range of property disputes. She has experience acting for occupiers, owners and investors of both commercial and residential property in connection with various aspects of landlord and tenant law, including dilapidations, tenant default, breach of covenant, commercial lease renewals and possession claims.
Rebecca also has experience in dealing with claims relating to adverse possession. She has also acted for commercial developers in several contractual disputes and has advised in relation to various real property issues such as easements and restrictive covenants. Rebecca has advised both landlords and long leaseholders on leasehold enfranchisement and the right of first refusal under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1987.
- Successfully defending a claim brought against Lidl UK GmbH by Generator Developments LLP for a Pallant v. Morgan equity in relation to a £6.8m development site in Brentwood Essex, in which judgment was given in favour of Lidl following a 6-day High Court trial.
- Acting for the successful Claimant/landlord in Avocet Industrial Estates LLP v. Merol Ltd & Tudor Rose International Ltd  EWHC 3422 (Ch) in relation to the determination of whether a tenant’s break notice was effective.
- Representing one of the largest animal by-product rendering operators in the UK in the defence of group litigation in the High Court, advising on alleged nuisance.
- Acting for major fast food, off-licence and supermarket chains in relation to various landlord and tenant issues arising from their property portfolio.
- Acting for a large national property investment company, providing advice in relation to landlord and tenant issues including as lease renewal, tenant default, alienation and dilapidations.
- Advising various landlords and tenants of high value residential properties in prime central London as well as elsewhere in the country in relation to leasehold enfranchisement.
- Acting for various major housebuilder companies in relation to contractual disputes, landlord and tenant issues, leasehold enfranchisement and the right of first refusal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.
- Acting for various social housing providers on landlord and tenant and contractual disputes. She has recently successfully defended an adverse possession claim and secured possession of a valuable development site. She has also acted for an affordable housing provider in High Court litigation in a dispute regarding a conditional contract for the acquisition of a large development site in London worth approximately £2.5m.