International Software House
Our client, a US based software house, retained us to advice and act on a dispute with a Spanish purchaser of its software.
“Many thanks for your counsel and support which were crucial to a great result…We are very pleased with the outcome and the way you handled the case.”
- The trans-national nature of the issues.
- A lack of understanding of the English litigation process (by both parties).
- A previous lawyer had allowed matters to drift without any progress for two years.
- The English courts had sole jurisdiction over the dispute and we ensured that this was put at the forefront of everyone’s thinking.
- Thanks to our understanding of the US process we were able to explain the English process by reference to the differences between the two.
- We got a rapid grip on matters and pushed it on aggressively.
- Within three months of Owen’s instruction the matter had compromised on the basis of a very large payment to our client.