Senior Tenders & Bids Executive – Business Development & Marketing – Firm Wide
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Tenders & Bids Executive to join our Business Development & Marketing team, having responsibility for supporting the firm’s tender and bids process.
You will have day-to-day responsibility for strengthening our relationship with existing clients and support the development of new opportunities through delivering compelling, high impact and high-quality tender and proposal responses.
You will also support the pitch presentation/ tender interview stage with presentation coaching and producing presentation materials. You will be expected to work as part of a team supporting all sectors/teams across the firm.
Role: Senior Tenders & Bids Executive
Location: Firm Wide
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 1139-BBL
Who we are
You’ll be joining a national law firm that enjoys a strong reputation, made possible by our exceptional people – each chosen for their industry knowledge and passion for their field. We want to help you to reach your full potential, love the work you do and deliver the best results for your clients. It’s our goal to make you feel great about working with us, and we work hard to cultivate a culture that makes it easy for you to stay with us for many years.
We work flexibly and you’ll be empowered to work where you do your best work, balancing your individual needs with the need for us to engage as teams and deliver excellent client service.
Most of our people choose to work in a hybrid fashion, working from home and attending our offices on occasion. Our offices are in Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton, and Taunton.
The Business Development and Marketing Team
Our wider Business Development and Marketing team is made up of 23 team members spanning across our Bristol, London, Taunton and Manchester offices. Working across all divisions, the Business Development and Marketing team provide essential support to our highly regarded fee earning teams.
Our existing Tenders and Bids team is made up of a Senior Tenders and Bids Manager and a Tenders and Bids Executive, supported by our Head of Business Development and Director of Marketing.
Clarke Willmott is named among ‘The Times Best Law Firms 2023’ in addition to being recognised as a top firm amongst industry polls and awards.
Day to day, you’ll be successful in this role by:
- Developing best practice systems and procedures for Clarke Willmott’s bids and tenders;
- Ensuring that an effective and up to date register/calendar of existing and forthcoming tenders is maintained such that the firm can be proactive in seeking new opportunities and planning for forthcoming tenders;
- Project-manage the bid process from receipt to submission, working closely with internal partners;
- Implementing an efficient and effective process of collating, storing and maintaining high quality boilerplate material and credentials;
- Ensuring that bids are produced to the highest standards and tailored to specific client requirements, and ensuring that bids represent Clarke Willmott’s core messages and differentiating factors in line with the Firm’s business plan;
- Working with teams to deliver presentation materials for pitches;
- Collating and analysing bid feedback to continually improve the firm’s proposition including identifying service improvements that deliver competitive advantage for the firm;
- Maintaining a log of bid activity and sending regular bid updates to fee earners and the Business Development team;
- Undertaking debriefs with the client and internal bid team – analyse common themes and issues;
- Reviewing OJEU notices and invitations to bid to ensure that tender exercises are only entered into where they are in support of the Firm’s overall strategy;
- Liaising with subject matter experts in order to maintain the firm’s best practice pitch/tender responses to a broad range of topics including e.g. the firm’s ESG position and progress towards Science Based Targets and the firm’s regulatory and related accreditations such as Lexcel and ISO;
- Staying abreast of changing client requirements (also with reference to competitors) and making recommendations for new initiatives that can enable best possible tender performance e.g. demand for emerging standards such as Cyber Essentials;
- Co-ordinating, completing and submitting post panel and framework client questionnaires/ reporting requirements which requires collation of information from across areas such as finance, HR, BD and ESG;
- Ensuring that tender successes are publicised internally via the Firm’s intranet, having gained approval from the relevant Lead Partner;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and dialogue with key stakeholders across the business and working collaboratively with the rest of the BD&M team to provide the best service to the business.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role is right for you if:
- You have previous bids and tenders experience within a professional/legal services setting.
- You possess acute commercial awareness and have an ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-moving and demanding environment.
- You have the ability and confidence to lead and influence senior fee earners while remaining patient and diplomatic in your approach. You will be someone who can deliver a first-class product and command the respect of their peers. You balance pressure with good humour.
- You have excellent drafting skills and take a proactive approach whilst demonstrating innovation and a desire to try new ideas and thinking.
- You are curious and keen to seek feedback and continuously learn to ensure that you and the team are providing a best-in-class tenders offering to the firm.
- You are flexible and collaborative in your approach and possess an ability to work towards tight deadlines while showing a high level of commitment to your work and to the firm.
What we can offer you:
A career at Clarke Willmott will feel different to other law firms. We thrive on our individual differences and diversity because as a team, we are united by our shared values and mutual respect. Working with us you will feel empowered, valued and free to be yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
Our mission is to help you realise your full potential whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance. We provide a comprehensive learning and development programme and a range of wellbeing initiatives to support your career journey.
There’s no doubt we expect the best from our people and even the occasional extra mile. In return, your dedication and commitment to the continued success of the firm will be rewarded with a comprehensive range of flexible benefits.
Listen to what a few members of our team have to say about what life here at Clarke Willmott is really like, to see if it’s the right fit for you.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV and covering letter using the form below.
(If you have any difficulties with the form, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.